About Me

My photo
I have been battling the scale all my life. Even when I was skinny the mirror showed my imperfections. Now that I am in my 30's it is time to embrace a new beginning. I want the next 30 years to be better than the first. So, I am on a mission to find the best tips, tricks, solutions and inspirations to help me on my journey. Then, I want to share my discoveries with all of you. Live Happy! Be Happy! Dedicate Yourself!

The Original 14 Super Foods From the Book Super Foods RX

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The original 14 Super Foods and their respective benefits are: 

1. Blueberries - strong antioxidant 

2. Broccoli - promotes healthy immune system 

3. Pumpkin - preserves skin cells 

4. Soy - protein source 

5. Turkey - a low-fat protein 

6. Beans - reduces cholesterol 

7. Oats - promote healthy digestion and reduces cholesterol 

8. Oranges - significant source of vitamin C 

9. Yogurt - a heart healthy choice that aids in bone strength 

10. Spinach - significant source of iron 

11. Tomatoes - cancer preventative 

12. Walnuts - quality source of monounsaturated fat 

13. Salmon - promotes a healthy circulatory system and rich in omega 3 fatty acid 

14. Tea - promotes a healthy immune system 

The list also recommends the inclusion of cinnamon and black pepper for maintaining a health lifestyle. And recently, the SFRx team added delicious favorites like kiwi, honey and dark chocolate to the growing list of must-have foods.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to your weight-loss survival guide! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino